Thursday, March 31, 2011

So in love...A kind of love I have heard about, but there are no real words to express.




Coen is 5 months old this week. He has changed my life, my relationships and my priorities. I am a better person, and strive to be the best mommy and wife I can be.

Since my last blog, I had to go in for some fix er uppers.. I continued to be in pain for following 10 weeks post baby. I went in to make sure things were ok, and there was some soft tissue granulation. In laymen terms, there was scar tissue that had nerve supply and was causing a lot of discomfort. We schedule surgery to fix what his over sized sunnyside (he was born prone instead of supine) head did to momma. I am all better now, but still very apprehensive for more babies... we will see..

Less about me and more about the boy!!!

Coen is taking on such a personality. He is a very good baby. I can't believe how much easier it is then what I anticipated. Jan says it's God throwing me a bone after all i have gone through.



He pretty much falls in to the text book description of where he should be with his sleep, motor skills and health. He is above average for length, weight, and head size. He has his momma's thighs. Our daycare lady jokes that he digs his mom's "groceries". He is a healthy eater. I thought nursing was going to be a struggle for me.. it didn't seem very "natural" when i was pregnant. I learned it is not only very natural but it is an amazing bond, and sense of purpose. There isn't a time I don't acknowledge how lucky i am to be able to give him part of me to make him flourish and grow. It is about the only time I get to hold him and snuggle him.

He is a WIGGLE worm. My mom was surprised how he doesn't like to be held long. He is so independent. At 3 months he was ready to hop down on the floor and get to playing, he is ready to MOVE! He loves to be amongst people, and different things to look at. There are times when loading him in the car he smiles at me while I buckle him in. As if her was saying "Yea mommy, we get to go somewhere?" I think he gets that from me. He doesn't want to be couped up for too long. There is too much out there in the world to see and experience, and he doesn't want to miss a thing!



I could write for days on every little thing about Coen, his quirks and his dislikes. I am going to try and make an effort to do better on keeping up on our blog. It is just hard to find that mental time. It is kinda like when you go a long time without talking to a friend, and you want to put the time and effort into catching up.. but you know it is going to take awhile to sort all that has happened out!

So here are some things about little man that stand out right now.
He loves water, baths and the pool. He watches his sissy swim around and he seems to want to jump right in with her. (we are going to have our hands full) He falls asleep in his crib very easily, and prefers this to being rocked or snuggled to sleep. BUT he must have something (preferably his little taggie blankie) to put over his head. Yes he likes to cover his face with something when going to sleep. He enjoys me singing at church, or just while I am in the shower. He coo's and yells right along. I think not only did he look a bit like Elvis when he was littler, but he kinda moves and sings like him too. Maybe we have a little performer on our hands.. maybe a musician? I would like to hope so.

I miss my family a lot. This has turned out to be one of the biggest challenges.




I wish for both Coen and myself that there was more family close by to see him grow and change. I am grateful for the family Jan has here, but do miss mine terribly. We get to see them once and a while, but so much changes in-between visits. Skype has been helpful, although i know it is hard to see him and not be able to hold him.








Lately Coen has been rolling ALL around. He loves his toes, and he loves to make this loud growling/grunting sound. It basically sounds like he is trying to poopy doo.. but Jan is convinced he is impersonating the "Incredible Hulk". He loves to hang is head upside down and giggle at his sister or squeeze the dogs. I like to read to him, but he has a short attention span, and prefers to be on the floor and mobile.








Having such an active baby makes our down time when he snuggles that much more precious. I have a routine that before I go to work and take him to daycare, I sit and feed him with no distractions for a bit. I see it as my time to give him my undivided attention and I often whisper in his ear affirmations of my love. My favorite is "I love you sooooo much. Too much. To the moon and back." He doesn't say much in return but his gummy grin confirms he understands and he loves me too.


No comments:

Post a Comment